This one-day CPD accredited advanced workshop is built around roleplay and interactive discussion to increase the skills of practitioners working with children affected by sexual abuse.
The session will also cover specific, common scenarios in child victim support including how to talk to children about their abuse, how to respond to common emotional responses children have to their abuse and how to provide strategies, techniques and tools for children to cope with their thoughts and feelings following abuse.
By the end of the session participants will have:
- Improved skills used in supporting children affected by child sexual abuse
- Practiced support skills with other professionals
- Explored how to respond to difficult questions and topics relating to child sexual abuse
- Increased knowledge of skills, strategies and techniques that can be taught to children who have experienced child sexual abuse
Who should attend
These multi-agency training events are suitable for professionals with a good existing knowledge of theory and policy in child sexual abuse.
Participants must have a good existing knowledge of theory and policy in child sexual abuse.
- This course will contribute to the knowledge requirements in Competency Groups 2-9