This 1-day session will help participants to understand some of the issues which can impact on Parenting Capacity and the challenges around this when making assessments to safeguard children in a multi-agency context.
By the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Understand the complexity of issues that impact on the ability to be a “good enough” parent
- Recognise the importance of wider family issues and history when making assessments of parenting capacity and capacity to change
- Understand how to provide appropriate and accepted family support as a practitioner working in a multi-agency context.
Who should attend
- This training is suitable for Practitioners working directly with families.
- Participants should have a general knowledge/experience of working within a family support context.
This course contributes to competencies in Groups 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 & 9.