This session will aim to deliver learning under the theme of 'Strengthening Practice - Supporting Safer Organisations' that will support organisational practice and share learning that can be used in your own organisations, and in underpinned by the LSCB Competency Framework.
NB: This session was developed initially for Early Years sector; however it now open to all sectors to share learning. Therefore some of the practice examples may focus on early years; however learning around safe working practices will support all sectors.
The session will include:
- Opportunity to self-assess competency in your organisational context
- Consideration of learning from Serious Case Reviews
- Disguised compliance & resistance
- Identifying how to support and strengthen practice in organisations - (Role of the LADO - Local Area Designated Officer) managing allegations against professionals)
- Opportunity for networking and sharing good practice with other organisations
- Opportunity to ask questions, seek advice and network
Safeguarding Competencies met by the course: The learning in this course will support knowledge in the competency Groups 5 & 6 and 7 & 8.
Who should attend
- Organisational leads (managers and those involved in governance functions)
- Childminders and stand-alone practitioners (private tutors / coaches etc) who work independently and not within an organisation
- Organisational leads (managers and those involved in governance functions) who have a broad understanding of the LSCB Competency Framework)
Delegates must have attended previous LSCB training strategy briefing session, or have a working understanding of the LSCB children’s competency framework.