The purpose of this training event and the supporting handbook is to enable delegates to update and to build on their knowledge and skills with regard to safeguarding Children and Young People who are disabled and/or sensory impaired.
By the end of the session participants will have:
- Refreshed their knowledge about indicators of Abuse and Neglect
- Explored the additional vulnerability of disabled children
- Explored the factors that can effect professional judgment
- Updated their knowledge about research, local procedures, national guidance and legislation relevant to assessment and investigation
- Considered the impact of abuse on the child/young person
Safeguarding Competencies met by the course:
The learning in this course will support knowledge in competency Group 3.
Who should attend
This course is suitable for multi-agency staff who work with or who come into contact with children who are disabled.
Please note that LSCB training and learning opportunities are funded by the LSCB and local partners. This funded training is available to those who work or support practitioners who work in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland. If you do not meet these criteria, but will still like to access our learning events, please contact the LSCB and we may be able to arrange attendance for a charge.