This training will raise awareness amongst the workforce on the long term effects of Neglect and its cumulative harm on Children and Young People and will introduce the Neglect Toolkit.
By the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Recognise signs and symptoms of children and young people who are, or may be, neglected
- Identify concerns about parenting capacity that may contribute to Neglect
- Identify family and environmental factors which may contribute to Neglect
- Understand the importance of looking beyond single incidents (cumulative harm)
- Refer to the Neglect toolkit
Safeguarding Competencies met by the course:
The learning in this course will support knowledge in competency Group 3, (A B C D F G K)
Who should attend
This briefing is suitable for all Practitioners working in Children Services, staff who could potentially contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and reviewing the needs of a child and parenting capacity.
Please note that LSCB training and learning opportunities are funded by the LSCB and local partners. This funded training is available to those who work or support practitioners who work in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland. If you do not meet these criteria, but will still like to access our learning events, please contact the LSCB and we may be able to arrange attendance for a charge.