Prevent is part of the UK’s counter terrorism strategy, preventing people from becoming involved in terrorism or supporting terrorism. The workshop’s main objective is to explain the purpose of Prevent, the process of radicalisation, how to identify when someone may be vulnerable to radicalisation, how to raise concerns and what a proportionate response looks like.
By the end of the session participants will have:
- Understood Prevent’s aims
- Recognised who may be vulnerable to terrorism
- Understood why some people are able to influence and manipulate others to commit crimes
- Recognised when a vulnerable individual may be in need of their help
- Identified what help and support looks like in this area, and who they should turn to if they have concerns
Who should attend
This course is suitable for all Frontline Staff, including Police, Social Services,Probation, Education, Health staff and Local Communities.