Essential Awareness in Safeguarding aims to increase awareness and confidence building in respect of identification, responding, recording and reporting processes involved in child protection. The session will also consider legislation, attitudes & values and blocks & challenges in safeguarding.
This session will provide knowledge that will support you in meeting the competencies set out in the LLR Safeguarding Competency Framework.
This training session is part of the 2017-2018 Essential Awareness in Safeguarding Training programme funded by the Leicester City and Leicestershire & Rutland LSCBs.
By the end of the session delegates will have:
- Considered aspects of normal child development
- Identified some of the signs and indicators of abuse and neglect
- Considered factors which indicate a child or young person may be at an increased risk of harm
- Ensured a child focus is maintained
- Discussed what to do in response to concerns
- Identified who to talk to if they have a concern
- An awareness of the LSCB
The Leicester City and Leicestershire & Rutland LSCBs
Who should attend
This session is suitable for those who have regular contact with children, young people parents or families and in a position to identify concerns and who may be expected to contribute to the assessment of the child's developmental needs or the adult's parenting capacity.
This session is only for workers/volunteers who are...
- Working in private, voluntary or independent sector organisations
- Within Leicester, Leicestershire and/or Rutland.
Workers and volunteers from other agencies should access this training through their own organisation.
Please note that LSCB training and learning opportunities are funded by the LSCB and local partners. This funded training is available to those who work or support practitioners who work in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland. If you do not meet these criteria, but will still like to access our learning events, please contact the LSCB and we may be able to arrange attendance for a charge.
- Free – Fully funded by Leicester City and Leicestershire & Rutland LSCBs
- Non-attendance fee/cancellation charge £50
- Booking will open two calendar months before each available date
- Please note that by booking you agree to our terms and conditions.
- Please ensure you cancel your place if you can no longer attend; all no-shows will receive a £50 cancellation charge as described.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org