This one day course will enable participants to develop skills and confidence in exploring difficult and challenging topics when working with families.
Participants will be offered the opportunity to:
- Understand the importance of engaging with families - includes messages from serious case reviews, the voice of children and their parents
- Understand when and why difficult conversations may be likely
- Be better able to hold difficult conversations regarding assessments and referrals to social work teams
- Try out SOLER communication and motivational skills to help when approaching difficult conversations
- Explore a wide range of evidence informed ‘Things to Say and Do’ to help engage families in order to ensure optimum outcomes for children.
- Follow 7 steps to help with difficult conversations
Who should attend
Frontline practitioners working with Early Help cases or providing early help (early intervention). For example, health visitors, family support workers, school staff, YOS, etc.
Booking for all training dates opens two calendar months before each training date commences.