This course will explore the common forms of online Sexual Violence and Abuse such as Webcam Sex Tourism, Online Grooming, Sexual Bullying and so-called ‘Revenge Porn’.
Each topic will be covered in detail to increase participant’s knowledge of prevalence, impact and skills in dealing with them. The session will also cover tips and techniques for supporting young people who are at risk or affected by the different types of digital abuse covered.
By the end of the session participants will have:
- A greater understanding of the issues around online pornography, abusive videos and imagery, sexting, webcam abuse, sexual bullying and harassment online, ‘revenge porn’ and an awareness of some of the slang terms and acronyms used by young people online
- An understanding of the laws surrounding the above issues and a greater awareness of online safety measures and protective factors that can be adopted by professionals and parents
- Techniques for discussing difficult topics with parents and young people and the confidence to do this
- Awareness of emerging digital technologies and how to safeguard young people
- Looked at ways to help prevent young people from becoming victims or perpetrators of digital sexual violence
- Guidance for supporting young people following digital sexual violence and abuse online
- Best practice guidance for responding if you suspect a young person is being abused online
Who should attend
These multi-agency training events are suitable for all practitioners.
- This course will contribute to the knowledge requirements in Competency Groups 1-9