This one day workshop will aim to support assessment of competence in relation to the Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland Training, Learning and Development Strategy and to develop a confident and consistent approach to the application of the Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland Safeguarding competences in day to day practice.
At the end of the session, participants will have:
- Identified the components of good safeguarding practice
- Become familiar with the competency framework and training strategy
- Considered how to achieve consistency in the implementation of the competency framework
- Understood their role in ensuring best possible outcomes for children and their families
- Developed strategies for embedding good practice into day to day activities
- Contributed to developing an individual and organisation action plan
Safeguarding Competencies met by the course: The learning in this course will support knowledge in the competency groups 7 & 8 and Groups 5 & 6.
Who should attend
This briefing is suitable for all Strategic Leads and Front Line managers who are responsible for assessing practitioners against the competency framework.
All delegates must have attended a Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland LSCB Safeguarding Learning Strategy (Competency Framework) briefing event.